- Visible dupesheet now updated after using edit command.
- Floppy save no longer crashes program if disk error. Instead, there is an error message with beeps.
- If you want the program to check on the size of your LOG.DAT file as the contest progresses, you can turn on this feature with the CHECK LOG FILE SIZE command (under Control-J). The file size will be checked after every QSO.
- Bug fixed with new OH2MM rate sheet where it sometimes crashes at the end of the log file.
- HEXDUMP enhanced to include search for data. For those of you who dont know about this feature, it can be very handy. Type TR HEXDUMP filename and you can examine a binary/ASCII file. This is very handy for looking at .DTA files (which is why it was being enhanced).
- Fixed separate arrow or pageup/pagedown keys which stopped working in the previous release.
- Enhanced the .DTA file format to include Name, Section, Check, QTH, Ten-Ten number, FOC number, grid and who knows what else.
If you have a MASTER.DTA file now that you are using, make a copy of it with the name TRMASTER.DTA. Put it where the program files are and the program will find it no matter what directory you are logged into. You can put custom ones in the working directory and they will be used instead.
The NAMES.CMQ database is no longer used by TR. To transfer your data, use the name editor in POST and save your data as an ASCII file. Then use the new DTA file editor (POST U E) and the F command to load in the data. As a result of not using the database, the program uses about 90K less memory than before.
Various routines allow you to pull data out of old log files and add them to the DTA database. These are in the DTA edit menu found in POST under the utility menu.
- Added POSSIBLE CALL MODE with values ALL or NAMES (available in Control-J). When set to NAMES only calls from the name database that have a name are used for possible calls. This is how the old NAMES.CMQ file worked. If you want to open it up so all the calls in the database are used for possible calls, set POSSIBLE CALL MODE = ALL.
- New initial exchanges: NAME QTH, CHECK SECTION, QTH, GRID. These allow data from the .DTA file to be used for initial exchanges. More will be added later so more of the data in the DTA file can be used for initial exchanges.
- No more Alt-N command. It takes too much time to update the DTA database on the fly, so this command no longer makes sense. Also, data in the database is no longer updated by the program as you make QSOs with new names.
[ TOP OF PAGE ]