OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM is an all-mode contesting and logging software system designed primarily for on-line operation of HF digital and CW radio stations through Terminal Node Controllers (TNC).
While the primary design objective has been to provide a comprehensive system for a digital/CW contest station, the system can be used for daily contacts, both digital, CW and SSB.
Another important design objective has been the pursuit for utmost reliability and prevention of loss of data.
OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM supports practically all international digital mode contests on all HF bands. However, the system is adaptable to most of the CW contests for on-line operation and to most of the SSB contests for off-line logging and post-contest paper work.
- OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM can be used to operate and keep track of daily contacts with its built-in logging facility for 1.8 MHz to 50 MHz bands
- The on-line logging facility can be used on all digital modes and on CW, while contacts on other modes, such as on SSB and PSK31, are recorded off-line
- HF modes supported on-line: CW, RTTY, AMTOR, PACTOR, PACTOR-II (SCS PTC-II), G-TOR (KAM) and PSK31 (SCS PTC-II) for both contesting and normal operation
- Pile-up mode is provided for contest style operation
- Simultaneous operation of two HF radios is provided
OH2GI in QSO
Highlights of the version 6.4 (Latest update May 1, 1999):
- HELP in Swedish added
- New text-buffer for PSK31 (Alt-F5 and S in QSO-screen)
- HELP for PSK31 mode added
- Support for TARA/PSK31 Rumble added
- Support for SCS PTC-II Firmware V 2.7 PSK31 mode.
Refer to: \JUKARTTY\PSK31.TXT
- PSK31 QSO logging added
- SCS PTC-II modem terminal mode support added
- Pactor mode added to RITTY sound card modem
- Operational enhancements for call sign detection and duplicate identification
- SARTG NEW YEAR and XE RTTY contests added
- Rig control for Kenwood and Yaesu FT lines, can be extended to other radios
- Time management features: net operating time and rest periods added
- Support for sound card modem BITTY 1.05 added. BITTY is a high-performance DSP modem that works only with a terminal program like OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM. An unlicensed evalution version of BITTY is included in the OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM
- Dual-port support for AEA PK-900, DSP-2232 added in addition to Kantronics KAM HOST mode for HF radio and VHF DX-Cluster
- Multi-lingual HELP in English, Finnish, French and German and new contests SCC RTTY and BARTG Autumn Sprint added
The current version of OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM supports the following TNCs in multiple configurations:
- Kantronics KAM V5.0 and up in HOST mode
- Kantronics KAM below V5.0 in terminal mode
- AEA PK-232MBX
- AEA PK-900 in dual-port mode
- AEA DSP-2232 in dual-port mode
- AEA DSP-232
- SCS PTC-II
- DSP-Sound Card modems RITTY and BITTY by K6STI
- Beta version of BTL-TSR
The system allows simultaneous operation of up to two HF radios and one VHF radio in a Two-TNC configuration provided one TNC is a KAM in Host mode or AEA PK-900 or AEA DSP-2232 in Dual-port mode.
The system allows simultaneous operation of up to two HF radios or one HF radio and one VHF radio in a Two-TNC configuration.
Single TNC is supported for HF and/or VHF.
- Contest support includes automatic contest generation with a set of standard messages pre-tailored for each contest - the messages can further be tailored to suit to individual preferences
- The system detects duplicates and new multipliers and determines QSO points
- The system provides contest statistics on-line such as multiplier break-down by band, score calculations in total and by band, hourly QSO rates and operating hours
- Time management features: follow-up of net operating time and duration/number of rest periods. Default min. rest duration is 30 minutes unless specified by contest
- Next Call stacking provides for an efficient means in managing the pile-ups
- Automatic formation, transmission and logging of QTC messages is provided for WAEDC RTTY Contest
- Automatic name look-up and automatic name file update is provided
- Distances and bearings calculation is provided
- On-line back-up facility is provided
- Post-contest paper work includes log generation, country / zone / call-area / state / province listings, dupe lists and contest statistics for subsequent printing
The following digital mode contests are supported:
- A. VOLTA RTTY
- ANARTS RTTY
- ARI RTTY
- ARRL RTTY Roundup
- BARTG Autumn RTTY
- BARTG RTTY/AMTOR/PacTOR
- CCCC PSK31
- CQ WW RTTY
- DARC HELL Contest
- EA RTTY
- JARTS RTTY
- NAQP RTTY
- OK RTTY
- Russian RTTY
- SARTG NEW YEAR
- SARTG RTTY/AMTOR
- SCC RTTY
- SPDX RTTY
- TARA RTTY/PSK31
- WAEDC RTTY
- WPX RTTY
- XE RTTY
The following CW contests are currently supported:
- AA DX
- ARRL DX
- CQ WPX
- CQ WW
The system provides full support for accessing DX-Cluster simultaneously with HF operation provided one of the TNCs is a KAM operating in Host mode or an AEA PK-900 or an AEA DSP-2232 in Dual-port mode or one TNC in Two-TNC configuration is dedicated to a VHF radio.
The main features include:
- DX info transfer to DX-Cluster
- Pick-up of DX-spots either in CONNECTED or in DISCONNECTED (Spy-mode) status
- WARC/SSB/VHF filter for DX-spots
- File transfer to DX-Cluster
- File/info transfer from DX-Cluster to HF (RTTY, PACTOR, etc)
- Contest statistics transfer to DX-Cluster - useful between openly competing stations and for multi-operator stations where operators at home can contribute to the efforts of the main contest station
Other facilities of OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM include:
- Rig control for Kenwood and Yaesu FT lines of transceivers
- Operation with or without a mouse
- File transfer from PC to HF
- Multi-lingual on-line HELP files - English, Finnish, French and German
- DOS command support
- QSL printing (IBM Pro-Printer tested)
The main requirement for OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM is a Personal Computer with Enhanced Keyboard (102 keys), generally capable of supporting DOS V5.0 or upwards or OS/2 V3.0 WARP or later, with one or two COM ports (COM1 and/or COM2) capable of handling 9600 bps traffic. Rig control requires one COM port (COM1 to COM4).
COM port is not needed for the sound card modems RITTY and BITTY.
The system also runs under Windows 3.1 and Windows 95/98.
OH2GI-HAM SYSTEM requires appr. 3 MB of HD space, utilizes standard VGA-type color display and mouse (optional). For the on-line back-up facility another physical hard disk drive is recommended. On slower computers the use of performance facilities like SMARTDRIVE and RAMDRIVE is recommended.
The system uses E.EXE editor. If unavailable, it can be substituted by any simple ASCII file editor.